How Does patientACCESS Work?
Peer-reviewed literature is the foundation of research for new treatment modalities for disease. This literature is an invaluable resource for caregivers and those just diagnosed with a disease or condition. These articles are not, however, written for a general public level of understanding. The research results published in scientific scholarly journals does not signify an appropriate or approved treatment option for a patient or caregiver.
patientACCESS is intended for the personal use of patients and their caregivers only. Scholarly research papers available to you on patientACCESS are copyrighted material and must be used in accordance with all US copyright laws. By accepting the terms and conditions of this service, and continuing to access this site, you agree to refrain from the following without the express, written permission of the copyright owner:
- You will not make copies (electronic, video, photographic or physical) of all or part of any research paper that you obtain through the site other than for your personal use.
- You will not sell access to, or make any commercial use of, any research paper that you obtain through the site.
- You will not distribute copies of any research paper that you obtain through the site to individuals outside of your immediate medical need.
- You will not publish a derivative work (i.e., a transformed, adapted or annotated version) of any research paper that you obtain through the site.
- You will not display any research paper that you obtain through the site, by posting it online or otherwise.